My iPhones

I started with a 3Gs at firmware 3.0 then moved to a 4G with the lowest firmware and now at firmware 5.01. I just bought the 4Gs with the 5.01. Waiting for the Jailbreak now for the 4s.

Dec 29, 2011

Untethered Jailbreak for iOS 5.0.1

I’m sure you’ve all heard the big news today of the untethered jailbreak for iOS 5.0.1.

For those of you with your iPhone 4s or iPad 2 unfortunately this doesn’t work for you, but for the rest of us, YAY!

Just head over to http://blog.iphone-dev.org/ and download your jailbreak of choice.

If you have a Mac, Pwnagetool is available. If you don’t need to preserve baseband or any of that fun stuff just grab yourself the new redsn0w and your jailbreak will be as easy as a few pushes of buttons.

My iPad was still on 4.3.3 or something so I upgraded to 5.0.1. My iPhone was already on 5.0.1 so it was really simple running redsn0w.

Now that my devices are updated and Cydia is installed i’m ready to download the tweaks i’ve been missing for months! Oh wait… the servers are hammered right now so we probably aren’t going to be able to download anything for now :-/

If you aren’t on 5.0.1 yet you should upgrade now before Apple releases an update!What repo are you going to add when you jailbreak?

The first one I always add is repo.insanelyi.com !

No comments: